Wednesday, May 27, 2009
HIVES
Oh My! I was laying on the couch last night when I started to itch my legs. I was doing it without any thought at first, when I then realized that something was wrong. I go into the bathroom only to see my entire legs broken out in what seemed to be hives!!! The hubs wasnt home so I called him first (which didnt really do any help - haha) so I called my mother next. She went on the internet and found out that hive can be related to pregnancy. She told me to put a cold/wet compress on the area, so I did and after a little while it started to calm down a bit.
In the meantime I called the nurse on call at my infertility office. She told me that it could be from the progesterone, take a bene.dryll and call my nurse in the morning. I was reading online that Bene.dryll isnt really good for you during your first trimester - so I decided against it, even though the nurse told me to. I had Jay run out to get bene.dryll cream instead, but I never used that either. After a few hours it was gone completely. Its still not back again today - luckily - so I wonder what the hell that was all about?!?!
My dad was cute. He told me that it was a good sign, that my body was adapting to the pregnancy and my hormones are rapidly changing (which could be the cause). Whether he is right or not he still made me smile :)
I am still a little shocked that the nurse told me I could take Bene.dryll...I would have never thought that was okay. And I kinda still don't - at least not in the first tri.
In the meantime I called the nurse on call at my infertility office. She told me that it could be from the progesterone, take a bene.dryll and call my nurse in the morning. I was reading online that Bene.dryll isnt really good for you during your first trimester - so I decided against it, even though the nurse told me to. I had Jay run out to get bene.dryll cream instead, but I never used that either. After a few hours it was gone completely. Its still not back again today - luckily - so I wonder what the hell that was all about?!?!
My dad was cute. He told me that it was a good sign, that my body was adapting to the pregnancy and my hormones are rapidly changing (which could be the cause). Whether he is right or not he still made me smile :)
I am still a little shocked that the nurse told me I could take Bene.dryll...I would have never thought that was okay. And I kinda still don't - at least not in the first tri.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






Sounds like you have a great support of your family...hope the itches go away soon.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad the itches are gone... I got a "pregnancy rash" but it was in my 2nd tri. They didn't give me anything for it, it was all up and down my arms and I just tried to keep long sleeves, thankfully it was fall. Anyway, I think you did the right thing with the Ben.a.dryl, always trust your instincts...
ReplyDeletedrugs.com says that bena.dryl is category B- not expected to be harmful during pregnancy. It also says to talk to your doc, but I think they all say that. Your doc's office must have that on their "ok" list.
ReplyDeleteHere's more info on the FDA's drug categories: http://www.fda.gov/fdac/features/2001/301_preg.html#categories
Youch! Glad they are gone today...let's hope that's the worst of your symptoms. :)
ReplyDeleteI've been gone for a little bit and don't know if I told you congrats! I'm so happy things have worked out for you! Sorry to hear about the hives - hopefully that's all of it!
ReplyDeleteOh, no fun! Remember that the cream gets absorbed into your blood stream, so DON'T take the cream & the oral at the same time (should say that on the package).
ReplyDeleteFor a natural relief, try a lukewarm oatmeal bath. I hope that it means your baby is good & comfy! :)
My ob said benadryl is absolutely fine to take during pregnancy. they've been using it a long time as an anti nausea med too.
ReplyDeleteBenadryl used to be a no-no when I was pregnant all that time ago. But, now it seems to be okay to use if you need it.
ReplyDeleteBut, I am right with you, always scared to take anything when pregnant.
Sorry 'bout the hives and hope they stay away.