Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, May 9, 2009

Still hurts!!

Its been almost 24 hours since my first shot and my ass still hurts like a mo fo!!

I limp when I walk and can hardly sit on the one side. I can only imagine how I will feel tonight when I have to inject my other cheek. :( I think I am going to ask my nurse if I can have some suppositories for the days when I am too sore for shots. I just cant see doing these darn shots for 10 weeks straight (if I get prego) that's a whole lotta shots in my butt...and if I am in this much pain already...geez!!!

Maybe they will let me take 2 shots then a suppository...2 shots then a suppository.

This has to be the worst part of IVF!!! (although I was very fortunate not to experience OHSS)

5 comments:

  1. I'm sorry the shots are kicking your "ass". Literally! Are you giving them to yourself? I would think if you let your hubby do it maybe it would go in a little easier. I pointed my toes together slightly (its supposed to help your butt relax) and also leaned on the kitchen counter as he gave them to me. Afterwards Jake massaged the area w/a cotton ball. They did hurt and after a week or so it turned into a hard knot in both cheeks. Hopefully the pain wont get worse.. just get easier for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Jayme's tips. Try not to have your butt flexed when you give yourself the shot. Like if you're giving it in your left butt cheek, put all your weight on your right leg.

    My RE also told me about some progesterone supps that aren't the typical greasy supps but are more like dissolving alka seltzer tabs. Less messy. They are supposedly kind of expensive but maybe your insurance will cover???

    Good luck! At least the progesterone doesn't sting going in though hey?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stick with it Ashley, those 10 weeks will fly by. And they'll be so worth it in the long run. GL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry the shots are such a pain. Try laying on a heating pad for a little bit afterwards. It hasn't taken the pain away completely for me, but I can tell the difference when I'm lazy and don't do it. It will be worth it in the end!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess I'm lucky because they didn't bother me at all. Or maybe it's just because I have more 'padding' in that area. I did always use a heating pad afterwards and it helped I think.

    ReplyDelete