Wednesday, May 13, 2009
Nasty Progesterone!
So I had my 5th shot of progesterone last night...it had to be the worst one yet. My entire hip is EXTREMELY sore and sometimes I even get a sharp pain in my hip when I move my neck a certain way!! WTH!!! Jay must have hit a bad spot! On top of that I am tired, pretty crampy and my boobs hurt...I know this is all from those nasty shots...why does it have to make you feel like your prego OR getting your period??? Just another way to mess with our heads!
This 2ww would be a little easier if my body wasn't constantly reminding me of what the hell I have been doing for the past month!!!
Hope everyone is having a Happy Hump Day!!
This 2ww would be a little easier if my body wasn't constantly reminding me of what the hell I have been doing for the past month!!!
Hope everyone is having a Happy Hump Day!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






It sounds like PMS x100. :-( I hope it doesn't last too long.
ReplyDeleteUGH! Sorry your butt is so sore!! :) I hate the way progesterone screws with your head. Hoping for good news, though, very soon! Is your beta the 26th?
ReplyDeleteShoot Ashley, I was hoping they'd get a little better for you. Does the PIO really hurt going in or do you think it's just the needle?? I didn't do this myself but I watched a youtube video where this girl would heat the syringe up a little bit on a heating pad to make the oil thinner. Maybe that would help??
ReplyDeleteI hope this is all worth it in the end!! Why do you NEED progesterone shots? If your lining not good enough? Have they tested and found that you have low progesterone? I feel like everybody and their sister is on progesterone!!!
ReplyDeleteIs it an IM injection? I wish they could just let you use suppositories.
That does not sound fun! I admire you for going through all this! (IF is NOT for wusses!)
ReplyDelete(((HUGS)))
I always iced my bum for about 10 min before the shot then used a heating pad afterwards. The ice definitely helped. Hope it gets better for you!
ReplyDeleteAs far as I know, everyone going through IVF has to take some form of progesterone. It will build up my lining even more than normal for better success of pregnancy. I actually go in tomorrow for them to check my Prog. levels.
ReplyDeleteI am sucking it up and dealing with the shots, because the suppositories I hear dont work as well...
After the shot I walk around the house rubbing my bum for about 10 mins then I sit on a heating pad for a good 20 mins. Still hurts though. Thanks for all your advice!!
This makes me think of an Easter cartoon.
ReplyDeleteIt's two chocolate bunnies. One's butt has been bitten off. The other's ears have been bitten off.
The bunny without a butt says "My butt hurts!"
The bunny without ears says "WHAT?!!"
The real thing is funnier. I'll have to see if I can find it. Sending lots and lots of prayers that this is IT for you!!!
I read some where, that the IVF process can sometimes wreck the CL's when the egg is pulled out. So the RE's have to supplement large doses of prog to make up for it. What stinks is that, if you get that BFP, you'll be on these for a while. ((HUGS)) Try icing it like Richelle said, it could help.
ReplyDelete