Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 26, 2009

ONE MORE TIME!

I just got off the phone with my nurse. She told me that I have the ability to squeeze another IUI in before I go away. I wasn't going to do another one because I thought my vacation would interrupt the double IUI's. But it worked out perfectly...I go in on Wed and Thursday for the IUI's and leave on Sat morning for Florida!!

At first I was bummed. I dont want to do anymore IUI's. I am done with IUI's!! I want something with a better success rate!!! But it's better this way. Before I can move onto IVF, I have to have a consultation with my RE anyways, so my plan is to make an appointment to see him during my 2ww and we can start IVF fresh in April. I know I am already counting out this month and it has just begun, but I just feel like the IUI's aren't going to work for us and I don't want to set myself up for another failure. I am honestly only doing it because it is covered under my insurance and it fits perfectly in our schedules this month.

At least the 2ww will go by rather quickly since I will be on a cruise for most of it!! Yeah!!! I cant wait!!! And if it doesn't work...IVF here we come!!!

ps-Did you girls know that you can only be covered for 4 IVF's in a lifetime! Just found that out today. Lets hope it wont take that many tries before success.

5 comments:

  1. Lucky! I'm not even covered for one IUI let alone IVF...that is why we've got to save. Hope this works for you Ashley. If not, sounds like you've got a great game plan! GL hun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope this IUI works for you and you don't have to do ANY IVF's. I still have my fingers crossed for you. Where did you hear about the only 4 IVF thing? Just curious cuz I know of at least one girl that had 5. But I know some were FET. Not sure if that makes a difference. Have fun on your cruise! I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe your IUIs are covered! Mine aren't even with the PCOS diagnosis. I'm with you though, since it's covered by ins why not go ahead and give it one last shot? Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey it's worth a shot, right? That's pretty cool.

    And have SO MUCH FUN on your cruise!! Relax and try not to think about babymaking. Who knows, maybe that will be the magic you need :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's great news! Perhaps the vacation will put you at ease.

    ReplyDelete