Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

good news/bad news

Good News first? We were approved for IVF!

Bad News? This cycle can not be shifted to IVF. My nurse said that she would not have put me on follistim if I was doing IVF. So I guess that throws me all off track.

Question? What do I do??? Do I try another IUI with Inj's or just move right onto IVF?

I dont know how fond I am of the idea of trying the inj's again - even though they would lower my dosage and go from there. But what if they don't lower it enough and I have to cancel yet another cycle? What if I go through with it and it doesn't work? Do I want to waste time and money on something that doesn't have a much higher success rate over Clomid?

I also don't know how fond I am of going straight to IVF. Do I want to rush into it? Maybe I can get pregnant next IUI with inj's?

Ahhhhh! All these questions in my mind and I don't know what to do.

Thank you ladies for your kind words today - I was a total mess and I feel like my entire job knows what I am going through now!! I would have called out today, but we are way too busy right now. I am doing better now - but still very upset that this month has failed even before it had a chance to start. How frustrating!! But I couldn't have dealt with it without my girls!! Thanks again!!!

5 comments:

  1. Well you have a little time to think about it right? Talk to your hubby about it and just try to let all your thoughts come out, and see what he thinks too. Are you just getting nervous because IVF is really looming in front of you now? Try to calm your mind a little and then decide what you think is best for you. There's no right or wrong answer. :)

    AWESOME that IVF is approved! That's amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you have a lot to figure out! I'm sorry about your cycle being cancelled. But congrats for being approved for IVF. I understand how you feel about not being sure which direction to go. I think if it was me and I had responded so well to the Follistim at a pretty low dose, I would be scared to try another IUI for fear of it getting cancelled again. I'm glad you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry you're having to go through all of this! I don't really know what to tell you. I, personally, had success with my first injections/IUI cycle. I had lots of follies, but nowhere near how many you have, so I can understand your hesitancy in trying it again. I do hope that you'll figure out what to do, and I know you'll make the right choice! I'll be thinking of you while you try to figure it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. UGH! What a load of crap! I've seen REs use Follistim on IVF C's before.....well I guess its good you can do IVF next if you want. What injects will he put you on next for IVF? Bravelle?

    ((((((((((more HUGS))))))))

    I'm sorry you are having to go through this, but you DEF dont want 30 babies. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why couldn't you have IVF while on Follistim? Did she say why? I was on it with my IVF. Hmmm, I guess all our bodies are different. But she should have explanied it better.

    Is your ins paying fot your IVF or did you get a loan? Sorry if I missed you already discussing this.

    ReplyDelete