Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, March 9, 2009

Crazy Busy!!

I have been SOOOO busy at work today. Both other designers are out today so I had the workload of 3 people on my plate today. But at least the day is over and I can go home and relax! And the plus side of it...haven't really had any time to think about my friend not being here. Even though I am still sad about it : (

My sister called me today. She called me to tell me that she saw some show about sugar, how much it can affect the body and really screw things up. Somehow we ended up talking about me trying to get prego. (She has no idea that I am going through infertility.)

Let me fill you in a little about my sister. She is 9 years older than me, and will forever look at me as her "little" sister. Growing up it felt like I had 2 mom's, but I never complained because the more people that loved me and took care of me the better. I love my sister with all my heart and can tell her mostly everything. But there are certain things that I feel like she would just not understand. And ends up making me feel worse about it than before I opened my mouth.

So anyways...I only mentioned to her that I was trying to get pregnant. But nothing about troubles, or pcos, or infertility, or IVF, or IUI's...nothing. And even with that, you would think your sister should be super happy for you. "oh my gosh!! You guys are going to try and have a baby!!! I am so happy for you!!!" Yeah okay. I got the..."well, your young and you have time, so don't rush it" So I stopped right there, didnt even continue further with the conversation.

Well that was about 7 months ago...and I haven't breathed a word about pregnancy or trying. Of course she didn't bring it up either, but I knew that would happen. So upon talking to her, somehow it came out...I didn't really get into it too much cause I was at work, but I definitely told her that we are both having problems, I am going to an RE and we have done 3 IUI's. I don't know how happy I am that she knows about it. She wasn't completely against it, but there was that tone in her voice that said..."your rushing this" Of course it didn't make me feel any better off than I already was. And I am kinda regretting it.

Ughh!! Why does life have to be so complicated!! So hard to deal with!!!
Well I am going home...time to relax!! Have a good night all!!

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for your helpful comments on my blog. It's great to find your blog and read more about you. I'm sorry to hear of the difficulties that you have had with your sister. People can be pretty insensitive about infertility, especially if they have never experienced it themselves.
    I'll be following your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll admit it, my little bros and sisters probably felt the same way about me growing up. They have always told me that they already have a mom and don't need another one. As a big sister it is hard not to come across that way. As far as the IF part I have found that when my family members are insensitive to it, it's mostly because they don't understand it. One of the best things I did was direct my mom to www.resolve.org . There is a section there for family members of infertile couples. It helps them to understand what we are going through and how they can help. It has def. improved my mom and I's relationship.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know where you're coming from, hun. That is my mother all the way. I love her to death but she wouldn't be excited about becoming a grandma until she held the LO in her arms. She always told me growing up that she would be fine with me never having kids (maybe she jinxed me!). Don't get me wrong, she loves me and is always very supportive, but she feels like your sister does, so I choose not to give her too much info about TTC.

    I know it gets discouraging when people you love don't seem to understand your heartache. That's when us girls are here for ya! :) Hope you get to feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, that sucks that you got that kind of reaction from your sister :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Because people just don't get it. I'm sorry mama. I hope tomorrow is a better day for you in every way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. :( I'm sorry about your sister's comment. So frustrating when your own family doesn't know how to be supportive or even sensitive about TTC and IF. I think a lot of us can relate and tend to hold back sharing certain things, I know I do! You have lots of people that do support you though, and that is awesome :)

    Thanks Coco for posting that site by the way. I'm gonna check it out.

    ReplyDelete