Tuesday, November 17, 2009
U/S and OB Appointments
Holy cow..I just typed a book and lost the entire thing!! Unbelievable.
So anyways...I went to my u/s appointment last week. Because of my low papp-a (the protein the the placenta) I have to get an u/s at 28 and 34 weeks to make sure that the baby is growing properly. The u/s tech told me that I have NOTHING to worry about!! Baby is growing just fine and in fact she is in the 75 percentile of weight for this gestational age. She is over 3 pounds already!! So no worries on the growth part...
Then I headed over to my OB for my regular checkup. Everything is good. I then mentioned to her about the weight of the baby. She said that we are going to have to keep an eye on my little girl to make sure she doesn't get too big!! Oh my!! If she does get big then she might not be able to fit through my pelvic bone...hence have a C-Sect............
Now this may sound a bit complain-ey but I REALLY want to give birth naturally. After 2 years of not being able to conceive on my own, then having to go through IVF to get there, makes me feel like I was robbed of the real thing. Just the fact that they had to take my embies away from me, fertilize them scientifically and then put them back makes me feel like I am different. I think I would be more content if the IUI's worked. Regardless I am okay with what I had to get done - I would have done anything to get this little one. :) But it does make me even more determined to have this baby naturally. I really don't want to be robbed of that too!
I know that C-Sections are becoming more and more common and even preferred but this is just something that I want. I guess we will just have to wait and see how it goes. However it does happen ... all I want is for the baby to be happy and healthy!!
So anyways...I went to my u/s appointment last week. Because of my low papp-a (the protein the the placenta) I have to get an u/s at 28 and 34 weeks to make sure that the baby is growing properly. The u/s tech told me that I have NOTHING to worry about!! Baby is growing just fine and in fact she is in the 75 percentile of weight for this gestational age. She is over 3 pounds already!! So no worries on the growth part...
Then I headed over to my OB for my regular checkup. Everything is good. I then mentioned to her about the weight of the baby. She said that we are going to have to keep an eye on my little girl to make sure she doesn't get too big!! Oh my!! If she does get big then she might not be able to fit through my pelvic bone...hence have a C-Sect............
Now this may sound a bit complain-ey but I REALLY want to give birth naturally. After 2 years of not being able to conceive on my own, then having to go through IVF to get there, makes me feel like I was robbed of the real thing. Just the fact that they had to take my embies away from me, fertilize them scientifically and then put them back makes me feel like I am different. I think I would be more content if the IUI's worked. Regardless I am okay with what I had to get done - I would have done anything to get this little one. :) But it does make me even more determined to have this baby naturally. I really don't want to be robbed of that too!
I know that C-Sections are becoming more and more common and even preferred but this is just something that I want. I guess we will just have to wait and see how it goes. However it does happen ... all I want is for the baby to be happy and healthy!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






I so hope you get your vaginal delivery in due time.
ReplyDeleteI am concerned about the size of my pelvis being ok for a vag delivery too. I was going to ask my OB today but forgot.
So glad to hear that your baby girl is growing well! 3 pounds already! Great!